Fantasy reigns at Magic Kingdom Park, especially as we get ready for Walt Disney World Resort’s 50th anniversary in October and “The World’s Most Magical Celebration.” Disney recently announced that Magic Kingdom will soon be the ghost host for “Disney After Hours Boo Bash” on 23 select nights later this year, starting Aug. 10 and continuing through Oct. 31 from 9 p.m. to midnight.*
You’ll be thrilled to find some more frightfully fun details on what guests will experience during this limited-capacity separately ticketed event. Keep reading for Boo Bash details & dates.
Character Sightings & Performances
- Special cavalcades will pop up throughout the night including “Mickey’s Happy Halloween Cavalcade,” with Mickey Mouse and friends dressed up for the occasion. In the “Disney Villains Halloween Cavalcade,” villains will take to the street and celebrate their favorite time of the year. “Jack’s Nightmare Cavalcade” will feature Jack Skellington, Sally and Oogie Boogie riding down the parade path to “This is Halloween,” and last, but definitely not least (we would never say that about her!), Maleficent will also make an appearance in the form of a fire-breathing dragon.
- Some favorite friends will be lurking about – from the lovely Miss Carlotta at the Haunted Mansion to Goofy and Chip ‘n’ Dale in their Halloween best, with other surprise characters popping up across the park, too. Guests can even stop and listen to the Cadaver Dans during their special comeback (from the dead) performance.
Snacks & Beverages
- Select complimentary snacks like ice cream novelties and popcorn, along with select beverages, are included in the cost of the event.
- A variety of specialty food and drinks will be available for purchase including an Apple Ginger Dale frozen drink (frozen apple cider mixed with ginger ale and topped with whipped cream) and a Foolish Mortal Funnel Cake.)**
- After the park closes to day guests, enjoy less time waiting in line for more than 20 attractions including Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Haunted Mansion attraction, Jungle Cruise, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Dumbo the Flying Elephant, Peter Pan’s Flight, Space Mountain and more.
- Disney PhotoPass will also be available to take magical and spooky shots throughout the night.
- “Disney After Hours Boo Bash” tickets will grant admission to Magic Kingdom park as early as 7 p.m., giving guests time to enjoy even more of their favorite Magic Kingdom haunts before the event begins. These dated event tickets do not require an additional day theme park ticket or Disney Park Pass theme park reservation.
- Tickets for this hauntingly fun-filled three-hour event will go on sale June 15.
- You can purchase these tickets through your travel agent or submit a request here.
- Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can book their tickets as early as June 8.
- Tickets during the early booking window will only be available by phone.
Tickets start at $129 – $139 USD, plus tax for August/September nights and $159 – $169, plus tax for October nights, and $199, plus tax for Halloween. Annual Passholders and Disney Vacation Club Members can take advantage of a $10 discount for event nights in August and September. A limited number of tickets are available.
Disney After Hours Boo Bash Dates
- Tuesday, Aug. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 17, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 20, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 24, 2021
- Friday, Aug. 27, 2021
- Tuesday, Aug. 31, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 3, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 7, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 17, 2021
- Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021
- Friday, Sept. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 5, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 8, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 12, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 15, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 19, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 22, 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 24, 2021
- Tuesday, Oct. 26, 2021
- Friday, Oct. 29, 2021
- Sunday, Oct. 31, 2021
This fall, the decorations on Main Street, U.S.A., will receive a magical transformation for the event nights in October as “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” begins. Walt Disney Imagineering, in partnership with the Walt Disney World Resort Holiday Services team, will blend a fall look with the enchanting story of Cinderella by creating special pumpkin coach decorations that will add to the park’s sparkling EARidescence during this magical time.
Boo Bash Know Before You Go
As a reminder, information on attractions, dining, experiences and other offerings currently available can be found on the Know Before You Go page.
As we shared previously, all foolish mortals can dress in costume for the event and Guests can get their fill of Halloween candy while trick-or-treating around the park. Costume masks are not permitted for adults; they can only be worn by children under 14.
Be sure to check the Costume Policy for the most up-to-date information. Please note that health and safety measures, policies and operational guidelines are subject to change.
*Some event nights in August and September will be from 9:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
**This item will be on sale outside event hours Oct. 1 to Nov. 1.
Looking to visit Walt Disney World?
Reach out to one of our agents at The Magic For Less Travel. They’ll give you the expert guidance and tools to move beyond the one-size-fits-all approach to vacation planning – at no charge! They can help you save both time and money – there are some great discounts available!