In celebration of the 20th anniversary of “The Lion King,” Disney’s Animal Kingdom® Theme Park will host Harambe Nights every Saturday evening June 7-Aug. 9, 2014.
The journey begins with a Welcome Reception in the park’s Harambe Village where your Clients will savour mouth-watering appetizers and African-inspired wine and beer. Then, it’s time for the “mane” event – an unforgettable performance of “The Lion King – Concert in the Wild.”
Bringing to life the story of Simba, this brand-new theatrical experience features a live orchestra and choir, dancers, digitally projected movie moments, as well as dramatic lighting and scenic elements – all hosted by a celebrity guest narrator.
The lineup of celebrity narrators features stars from stage and screen. Scheduled to appear are:
- June 7 – Viola Davis (“The Help,” “Ender’s Game”)
- June 14 – TBD
- June 21 – Montego Glover (“The Following,” “Memphis”)
- June 28 – David Alan Grier (“Porgy & Bess,” “In Living Color”)
- July 5 – Michael Beach (“ER,” “Third Watch,” “Sons of Anarchy”)
- July 12 – Harry Lennix (“The Blacklist,” “The Five Heartbeats”)
- July 19 – Joe Morton (“Scandal,” “American Gangster,” “The Good Wife”)
- July 26 – Alfre Woodard (“Desperate Housewives,” “Miss Evers Boys”)
- Aug. 2 – Patina Miller (“Pippin,” The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1”)
- Aug. 9 – Brian Stokes Mitchell (“Ragtime,” “Trapper John M.D.,” “Glee”)
After the show, the celebration continues with Harambe Nights Street Party. Your Clients can move to the beat as they enjoy an all-inclusive buffet of sophisticated and flavorful African cuisine and gourmet desserts. Disney Characters will be on hand as they show off their wild side. Plus, exclusive Lion King merchandise will be available for purchase during the event.
The evening concludes with a special finale that could only happen at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park.
Harambe Nights takes place every Saturday from June 7-Aug. 9, 2014. The Welcome Reception begins at 7 p.m. and the “The Lion King – Concert in the Wild” starts at 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $119 for adults, $79 for ages 3-9, plus tax. Tickets with premium floor seating are $134 for adults, $94 for ages 3-9, plus tax. Theme park admission is included for the special event only. All attractions, entertainment and other offerings outside of the designated event area will not be available.
Advance reservations are highly recommended. Entertainment subject to change.
Let one of the concierge agents at The Magic for Less Travel assist with your Disney vacation planning. From choosing your resort, to planning your dining, The Magic for Less Travel agents are happy to help plan a truly magical vacation. Our Disney vacation You can request a no-obligation quote at www.themagicforless.com
- Disney After Hours Boo Bash Details & Dates Revealed!
- Disney Very Merriest After Hours Event Details
- Visiting Walt Disney World in 2022 and What You Need To Know
- Top Ten Reasons to Visit Walt Disney World During its 50th Anniversary Celebration!
- Disney+ Subscribers Can Save Up to 25% on Your Disney Vacation!