It was all started by a mouse. Now 90 years later, we are in party-prep mode for the birthday of the one and only Mickey Mouse. We have details on Mickey Mouse’s Birthday Celebrations! There are limited-time celebrations planned for the 90th Anniversary of Mickey Mouse and with a milestone as big as 90 years, one party simply will not do! That’s why Mickey’s birthday celebration will span across the globe with a series of events at all Disney Parks sites around the world, including the previously announced World’s Biggest Mouse Party – a limited-time, global celebration of Mickey and Minnie – as well as ‘Mickey: The True Original Exhibition’ in New York City.
- Walt Disney World® Resort in Florida will celebrate Mickey’s birthday from Nov. 16-18, 2018 with special merchandise and food & beverage items as well as the chance for guests to celebrate at Magic Kingdom® Park during the “Move It! Shake It! Dance & Play It!” Street Party, sing “Happy Birthday” along with the Dapper Dans on Main Street, U.S.A., and join in a special birthday dance party at Rockettower Plaza Stage in Tomorrowland. Then in 2019, Walt Disney World will continue celebrating when World’s Biggest Mouse Party comes to the resort.
- Disneyland® Resort in California will host a celebration cavalcade for Mickey Mouse on Nov. 18, 2018, featuring some of his special friends and the Disneyland Band, starting at “it’s a small world” and pausing for a special moment at Sleeping Beauty Castle before continuing down Main Street, U.S.A., to Town Square. The party continues when World’s Biggest Mouse Party begins at Disneyland Resort in 2019.
- Disney Cruise Line will join the celebration when World’s Biggest Mouse Party takes to the seas in 2019.
Shanghai Disney Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland and Tokyo Disney Resort will host similar celebrations. And, “Mickey: The True Original Exhibition,” an interactive art exhibit, will open in New York from Nov. 8, 2018 – Feb. 10, 2019. This immersive, pop-up art exhibition is inspired by Mickey’s status as a ‘true original’ and his global impact on popular culture and art. From his beginning in black and white in Steamboat Willie to the technicolor world of more than 100 cartoon shorts, exhibition guests will step into an unforgettable journey of Mickey moments reimagined.
“As Walt said, ‘I only hope that we never lose sight of one thing—that it was all started by a mouse’,” said Bob Chapek, Chairman of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products. “From ‘The True Original Exhibition’ to a year-long celebration in our parks around the world, we are honoring the deep connection that families and fans have made with Mickey and Minnie Mouse for nearly a century.”
Mickey’s 90th is definitely a “mouse”-do this fall! To be sure you don’t miss out on the fun, contact us at The Magic For Less Travel or your TMFLT agent for details to book now!
- Foodie Guide to Mickey’s Birthday at Disney Parks
- Available Now: Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party Tickets!
- Create a Vacation Tradition with Pictures
- Disney Junior Star Vampirina Is Coming to Disneyland and Walt Disney World This Fall!
- Ways To Ring In the New Year at Disney’s Contemporary Resort