Walt Disney World can be great for the whole family, but some attractions require a certain height to keep the little ones safe. Here is how the height requirements at Disney World work and how your family can still enjoy the different attractions.
Updated with Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge attractions and information.
How Do The Height Requirements Work?
When you have a child in your party that looks close to the height requirement, a cast member will measure your child to see if the child meets that requirement. This will happen at any ride you go to that has a height requirement. If they are tall enough, your whole party will be able to ride. If they fall short of the requirement then you will be given a Rider Switch pass. This lets your party split as one part rides then the other part is allowed to ride. The Rider Switch Pass ensures that an adult is with the smaller child at all times.
Which Attractions Have Height Restrictions?
Want to plan what attractions your whole family can ride? Heres a list so you’re ready!
- Space Mountain – 44” (113cm)
- Splash Mountain – 40” (102cm)
- Big Thunder Mountain Railroad – 40” (102cm)
- The Barnstormer – 35” (89cm)
- Seven Dwarfs Mine Train – 38” (97cm)
- Tomorrowland Indy Speedway – 32” (82cm)
- Mission: SPACE – Orange Mission – 44” (112cm)
- Mission: SPACE – Green Mission – 40” (102cm)
- Test Track – 40” (102cm)
- Soarin’ – 40” (102cm)
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Alien Swirling Saucers – 32” (81cm)
- Millennium Falcon: Smugglers run – 38″ (97cm)
- Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster – 48” (122cm)
- Slinky Dog Dash – 38” (97cm)
- Star Tours – 40” (102cm)
- Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – 40” (102cm)
- The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror – 40” (102cm)
- Kali River Rapids – 38” (97cm)
- DINOSAUR – 40” (102cm)
- Expedition Everest – 44” (113cm)
- Avatar Flight of Passage – 44” (113cm)
- Primeaval Whirl – 48” (122cm)
Download your own Walt Disney World height requirement chart.
Looking for a great rate for your Disney Vacation?
Let The Magic for Less Travel, an Authorized Disney Vacation Planner, work for you. the Magic for Less Travel is one of the few agencies in the country to be designated by Disney as an Platinum Earmarked Agency. Their concierge vacation planning services are always provided free of charge. The Magic for Less Travel will help you find the best published or unpublished rates for your vacation and will be your partner in planning to help you save time, money and stress. Let The Magic for Less Travel help you make some magical vacation memories!
Already have a vacation booked directly with Disney? Contact The Magic for Less Travel to see if they can help you find a lower rate.