You’ve heard that the Walt Disney World Resort will begin a phased opening and we are just two weeks away from the resort hotels opening up – but not all of them! Keep reading for important updates for Walt Disney World Resort hotels. You may want to grab a cup of your favorite beverage because there’s a bit to go through. 😉
What Resorts Will Be Open?
On June 22, these select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts and Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground will reopen:
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Riviera Resort
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort
For more details on what resort services and amenities will be available, check our update What Will Be Open at Each Disney Resort Hotel.
Virtual Chat With a Resort Cast Member
Key Considerations That May Impact You
Before traveling to Florida, please make sure that you have reviewed any advisories or restrictions that may be in place for travel to Florida. Visit https://floridahealthcovid19.gov/travelers/ for information. Guests who are under isolation or quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Persons who are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, have been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without completing a 14-day quarantine, or are under quarantine orders must not enter Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney World Resort Guests may be subject to additional screenings. Before you leave home, please check the temperatures of everyone in your party—including yourself—as an extra layer of precaution.
In order to visit one of the open resort hotels, you’ll need:
- A confirmed room reservation for your stay. Be sure to link your reservation to your My Disney Experience account to receive important information prior to your arrival – OR-
- A confirmed dining reservation if you’re a day guest (and not staying overnight).
- Guests will not be able to visit resorts without one of these reservations.
Updates to Resort Cleaning
Enhanced cleaning measures will be in place at the resorts.
Increased cleaning in high-traffic areas such as public elevators and escalators, handrails, benches, tables, handles, restrooms, and more.
Prior to your arrival, your room will undergo thorough cleaning—with attention to:
- High-touch areas, like TV remotes and door handles
- Housekeeping tools will be cleaned between rooms
- Floors, which will be steam cleaned and vacuumed between guests
Inside your room, you’ll find:
- Individually wrapped glassware
- Double-cased pillows
- Additional items that have been cleaned and wrapped in single-use packaging
And during your stay, your room will receive a light cleaning service every other day, which will include:
- Removal of trash and used towels
- Replenishment of towels and amenities throughout the room and bathroom
- Wiping and cleaning of the vanity and counter surfaces
- Vacuuming if needed
You can also decline every-other-day service. If there is more than one room on your reservation and you choose to decline service, your selection will apply to all rooms on the reservation.
Disney’s Magical Express® Service
Complimentary airport transportation via Disney’s Magical Express service will be available for Guests arriving and departing from Orlando International Airport.
Complimentary Resort Transportation
Before the theme parks reopen, bus transportation will be available between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney Springs area. When the theme parks reopen, complimentary transportation will also be provided between your Disney Resort hotel and Disney theme parks.
Transportation will operate with physical distancing measures in place, reducing capacity. As a result, you may experience delays.
Minnie Van Service
Minnie Van Service will not be available during the initial reopening period.
Self-parking will be available. Valet service is temporarily unavailable, with the exception of Guests with disabilities who may require parking assistance. A valid disability parking permit is required. Parking fees apply for Disney Resort hotel Guests.
Some Disney Resort hotel services will be modified or unavailable during the initial reopening period, based on physical distancing and health guidelines.
- Bell Services will deliver luggage to rooms, but will not escort guests
- Club-level service will be temporarily unavailable
- Deliveries will only be made to occupied rooms
- In-room celebrations will not be available
- Dry-cleaning and valet laundry services will be temporarily unavailable; self-service laundry will remain available
- Shipping services will be temporarily unavailable
- Resort airline check-in service may be temporarily unavailable
Resort Amenities & Recreation
These will be modified based on physical distancing and health guidelines and be a bit different than you’re used to.
- Feature pools may operate with reduced hours; leisure pools will be open 24 hours a day
- Pools will operate with reduced capacity to allow for physical distancing
- Select poolside activities may be available at select Resort hotels
- Stormalong Bay at Disney’s Yacht and Beach Club Resorts will not be available during the initial reopening period; Guests of this Disney Resort hotel may enjoy the leisure pool at Disney’s Beach Club Villas or the Luna Park Pool and leisure pool at Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
Fitness Centers & Sports Courts
- Fitness centers will open in alignment with state and county regulations, and may have reduced hours
- Fitness centers may have reduced hours and capacity
- Instructor-led fitness classes will not be available
- Fitness and sports courts will be open, and Guests must maintain physical distancing
Activities and schedules will vary. The schedule of activities for your Disney Resort hotel will be shared during your stay.
The following amenities and experiences will not be available during the initial reopening period:
- Dog parks
- Electrical Water Pageant
- Marina rentals
- Spas, salons and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique
- Fireworks voyages and tasting cruises, including the Pirates and Pals Fireworks Voyage
- Fun runs
- Wonderland Tea Party at Park Fare
- Hula lessons
- In-room childcare services
- Mermaid school
- Special classes and programs—including culinary, cultural and animal programs
In merchandise locations throughout Walt Disney World Resort, there will be modifications in order to manage capacity and foster physical distancing.
- New Product Launches: New collection product launches and limited-edition merchandise will not be available for in-person purchases at Walt Disney World Resort until further notice.
- Pin Trading: Guests will have the opportunity to pin trade with Cast Members through the use of pin boards in select locations. Cast pin trading with lanyards will not be available at this time to maintain physical distancing.
- Delivery Option: Package delivery to the front of theme parks or to Disney Resort hotels will be suspended. However, shipping merchandise to guests’ homes continues to be available.
- Dressing Rooms: For the time being, dressing rooms will not be available.
- Returns: In-person returns will be available upon the reopening of merchandise locations.
Checking In and Out
It is highly encouraged that guests use the Online Check-In Service prior to their arrival—online or with the My Disney Experience app. When your room is ready, you’ll get a room-ready notification. Then, you can use either a MagicBand or the My Disney Experience app digital key feature to enter your room!
When it’s time for you to checkout, you’ll be automatically checked out of your room, so there will be no need to visit the Front Desk (unless you have unresolved charges to your Disney Resort hotel folio).
What About My Resort?
If you’re looking for a summary of all the specific updates for Walt Disney World Resort Hotels – including what dining, shops, and activities will be available upon its initial opening, check here for details!
Where to Find More Info
If you would like to request a no-obligation quote to visit Walt Disney World and other destinations, request pricing here.