Are you a Star Wars Fan? For guests with upcoming Disney Park Pass reservations to visit Disney’s Hollywood Studios, here is the process on how to secure a Boarding Pass for Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
updated December 15, 2020
You can only experience this attractions using the virtual queue in the My Disney Experience app. This is the most current information on the process but it has changed several times so we will keep you updated here! Most importantly – as availability allows – guests will have an opportunity at 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. to request to join the virtual queue (1 p.m. beginning December 20th).
- Guests with valid park admission and a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to access the virtual queue system and check for an available boarding group starting at 7 a.m. on the day of their park reservation. This can be done before you leave your Disney resort hotel, or wherever else nearby you might be at that time. This means there is no need to arrive early to the park to check the virtual queue.
- Additionally, the virtual queue will reopen daily at 2 p.m. (1 p.m. beginning December 20th) for anyone who wasn’t already able to join a boarding group earlier in the day. Note: Guests must be inside Disney’s Hollywood Studios to access this second virtual queue opportunity, and access to a boarding group is subject to availability and not guaranteed.
- As a reminder, only guests with a Disney Park Pass reservation for Disney’s Hollywood Studios will be able to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance. When Park Hopper hours become available on Jan. 1, 2021, guests visiting from another theme park will not be able to request to join the virtual queue.
Important Details Before You Go
- First, make sure to download the My Disney Experience app.
- Once logged in, select “Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance Virtual Queue” on the home screen. This is where guests will be able to view the current status and next steps for joining the virtual queue.
- The app will indicate when there is no availability for a specific distribution time.
- As long as a guest’s My Disney Experience account is linked to park tickets for themselves and the others in their group, a guest can enroll their entire party in the virtual queue at the same time. In order to give as many guests as possible the opportunity to join the Resistance, each guest can enter the virtual queue no more than once per day.
- Guests should make sure push notifications are turned on for My Disney Experience so they will be alerted if their group is called to return. Guests will have up to an hour from the time of the alert to go to the entrance of Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
- Please note that joining the virtual queue does not guarantee the ability to experience Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance.
If you have any questions or need assistance with joining the virtual queue, Cast Members at Guest Experience Team locations throughout the park are available to assist. While waiting for a virtual queue group to be called, you can enjoy other experiences at Disney’s Hollywood Studios including the Studios’ newest addition, Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway.
Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance is one of the most popular attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, and many guests have become familiar with using the virtual queue to experience this one-of-a-kind adventure. For other attractions at Walt Disney World Resort, plan to use the regular standby queues to manage capacity and to maintain physical distancing.
May the Force Be With You.
Want More Star Wars?
Members of both the Rebellion and Galactic Empire will be welcomed aboard the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser Coming to Walt Disney World Resort in 2021. Find out all about this experience here. And check out this guide to Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge! The Magic For Less Travel team is ready to help you travel to Batuu!