Disney Value Resorts are great resorts, with over 25 on site resort options Walt Disney World has something for most every visitor. Whether looking for accommodations for a larger family, to stretch your budget, or you need a resort just to rest your head and shower, Disney Value resorts are great options for a wide variety of travelers and with a bit of preparedness can be a great home away from home while on vacation. There are five resorts that fall into the value category, Disney’s All-Star resorts are made up of All-Star Movies, All Star Sports, and All-Star Music resorts. Also, in this category are Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort. While these resorts share many of the same characteristics there are a few things that are helpful when booking for your family.
Know What to Expect
- Preferred rooms will be located near the main lobby, food court, pool, or transportation.
- Standard rooms will be further from these amenities, but even the standard rooms are only a quick walk from any of these amenities.
- Know what floor will be best for your family, top floors tend to be quieter with no one above you moving around.
- With the exception of Art of Animation all value resorts have exterior corridors.
Room Size Matters
Standard and Preferred Rooms
- The square footage of a value room is 260 sq ft. With most rooms having either two queen size (Pop Century, All-Star Movies, and the standard room at Art of Animation) or 2 double beds (All Star Sports and Music, and Art of Animation family suites). Pop Century and All-Star Movies have recently undergone refurbishment that have maximized space by replacing one bed with a queen size Murphy bed that can be stored in the upright position when not in use. All All Star resorts will be undergoing this refurbishment and receive the queen size table beds as the second bed in the room.
- There are no closets for storing belongings however there is an area outside of the bathroom that can be used for hanging up clothing and storing luggage on the floor.
- Each room has a small table and 2 chairs
- Each room has a mini-fridge large enough for bottled beverages, not a week’s worth of groceries.
Get all the news, tips, & tricks for your next Walt Disney World vacation!
- Family suites at All-Star Music and Art of Animation can each accommodate up to six guests and one child under the age of 3.
- The square footage of the suites is between 520 and 565 square feet, with each suite having 1 double or queen bed, and either two fold out full size beds or a full size fold out bed and a fold out twin sleeper chair.
- Family suites also include a kitchenette with microwave, sink and mini fridge.
While the value connotation may sound like less, at Disney this is not the case guests at all resorts receive:
- Complimentary Magical Express transportation to and from the Orlando International airport. (for 2021 arrivals)
- Complimentary transportation throughout Walt Disney World theme park transportation by bus, boat, monorail, and/or Skyliner.
- Access to Extra Magic Hours
- Early access to Advanced Dining Reservations
- More than 1 pool at each resort, one main larger themed pool and at least one smaller quiet pool. Splash pads for younger kids at Art of Animation and Pop Century.
- Laundry Facilities
- Pool side activities such as trivia and games for both kids and families.
- Evening movies under the stars
- Game Room
- Larger-than-life theming is perfect for photo shoots
- Onsite food court with a wide variety of options, each food court has at least three different ordering bays. Check out some of the great options available at The End Zone, Intermission Food Court, World Premier Food Court, Landscape of Flavors, and Everything Pop.
- Pool bar
- Onsite pizza delivery
- Access to basics such as milk, snacks, juice, and soda at onsite gift shop
- Grocery Delivery Services such as Garden grocer, Instacart, and Amazon Prime Now, and We Go Shop.
- Do not underestimate travel time, proximity to theme parks and Disney Springs can be deceptive on maps. Make sure to plan for 60-90 minutes travel to the theme parks especially if you have dining reservations, as you will still need to walk from the bus drop off area to security, through the gates, and then to the restaurant.
- If you are traveling with a car, resort guests receive complimentary theme park parking. Nightly parking fee is $15/night at the Value resorts.
- Pop Century and Art of Animation have access to the Skyliner with direct transportation directly to Epcot, and a quick change over to get to Hollywood Studios.
- With the addition of the Skyliner, bus transportation to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is reduced to encourage use of the Skyliner.
With all of this information a stay at any of the Value resorts can enhance your Walt Disney World vacation, contact us today for your Free No-Obligation Quote!