Heading to Walt Disney World and wondering, what are Lightning Lanes? This is part 3 in a 3-part series on Genie+! You can read the Top 5 Things You Need to Know About Disney GENIE+ at Walt Disney World here. Want to know The Best Genie+ Attractions to Pick at Each Park? Check those out here!
What are Individual Lightning Lanes and how do you purchase access?
- Each theme park has at least one attraction that is not included with your Genie+ purchase.
- To access the Lightning Lane for these attractions, guests have the option to purchase access by buying what’s called an Individual Lightning Lane.
- Each guest can select up to 2 Individual Lightning Lane rides each day.
- Guests can select the time they wish based on availability for these attractions.
- The price will vary per date and attraction.
- On March 17, 2023 Avatar Flight of Passage was $16 plus tax
- Rise of the Resistance was $25.00
- Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train was $12.00
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind was $17.00 plus tax to purchase.
Every guest has the opportunity to purchase two of these attractions but must have the park hopper to hop to another park starting at 2PM.
What attractions are sold as Individual Lightning Lanes?
The rides that are sold as Individual Lightning Lane Selections are the following. This means that they are not part of Genie+ access but a separately priced Lightning Lane.
- Magic Kingdom: Seven Dwarf’s Mine Train
- Magic Kingdom: TRON
- Animal Kingdom Park: Avatar Flight of Passage
- Hollywood Studios: Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance
- EPCOT: Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
This list is subject to change. You can download the current attractions list here!
When can you purchase Individual Lightning Lanes?
- ALL Disney Resort Guests, Swan & Dolphin and Shades of Green guests can make their Individual Lightning Lane Attraction Selection starting at 7am.
- All offsite guests can make their selections at time of the park opening (you do not need to be in the park to make the selection).
- Watch HERE how to purchase and make an Individual Lightning Lane attraction selection!
You now have “Phenomenal Cosmic Powers” and are ready to conquer the parks!!
Important Information about Individual Lightning Lanes
- Attractions are subject to limited availability- just like how the old Fastpass system worked.
- If you have the park hopper, you may select 2 Individual Lighting Lane attractions in 1 day, in 2 different parks. Make sure to pick the 2nd park’s time after 2:00PM.