Genie+ is a paid add-on to the free Genie service and is available for daily purchase at Walt Disney World, via the My Disney Experience app. Genie+ replaced the old Fastpass+ system and gives guests front-of-the-line access to experience high-demand attractions and shows like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad at the Magic Kingdom and Test Track at Epcot. The price for Genie+ varies by park, seasons and attendance levels on your reservation date. You can purchase Genie+ each day beginning at midnight ET. Here’s my recommendations for Genie+ Priorities in each theme park.
With ten or more options available at each park, what should your Genie+ priorities be as you begin your day of fun and excitement? I will suggest the top 3 attractions you should prioritize to maximize your time in the parks.
Peter Pan’s Flight
- Although this Fantasyland attraction is relatively short in duration (about 2 minutes ride time), it is quite popular with families and the queue builds quickly.
- This is a classic Disney attraction and always seems to have a long wait, often 45 minutes or more. Save yourself a hot wait and book this one early.
Meet Mickey Mouse at Town Square Theater
- Young and young at heart thrill at meeting the “Big Cheese”! Seeing Mickey Mouse up close and personal is the most popular character interaction at the Magic Kingdom.
Remy’s Ratatouille Adventure
- This is a motion-based trackless 3D dark ride, based on the Disney – Pixar movie. You will save 45 minutes or more by prioritizing this World Showcase attraction.
Frozen Ever After
- This is another attraction popular with families. Plus, it’s a relatively long ride experience, at about 5 minutes.
- Theme park guests love high-thrill attractions and this one is near the Epcot entrance. Plus, it is susceptible to weather and breakdown issues. Reserve this one early!
Slinky Dog Dash
- This is a fun, family-friendly and visually appealing coaster. However, you do NOT want to stand in the hot Florida sun for an hour or more to ride. Book this one first!
Tower of Terror
- Thrill junkies love to scream in excitement on this popular attraction. You’ll save a ton of time booking this one.
Millennium Falcon: Smuggler’s Run
- Star Wars fans are myriad and getting to fly on the “fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy” is a dream come true for many. Do this first and then enjoy the rest of Galaxy’s Edge.
- This safari ride-through is one of Disney’s most satisfying attractions. That is likely due to the ride length (about 20 minutes) and Disney’s ability to entice the animals to be out in view of the guests.
Na’vi River Journey
- This dark ride (indoors) through the world of Pandora will save you more time than #1 above and is visually fascinating!
- By the middle of the day, this attraction will have an hour+ wait. Save time here and enjoy the queue (and ride) at Expedition Everest.
Disney says you should expect to reserve two or three Genie+ attractions per day, You can get even more by starting promptly at 7:00 am and then continuing every two hours throughout the day. Good luck!