My Disney Experience takes a Walt Disney World® Resort visit to an all-new level unlocking a new dimension of Disney magic and giving you more opportunities to enjoy the magic of Walt Disney World Resort like never before.
With Disney Genie Service and MagicBands, My Disney Experience gives you unprecedented control and makes it easier than ever to enjoy the perfect Disney vacation as you simply enjoy every moment with family and friends.
My Disney Experience
You can start the fun of your Walt Disney World vacation before you even leave home using the My Disney Experience website as your guide to the magic.
To get started using My Disney Experience, guests who have booked through The Magic For Less Travel can visit StartYourDisneyExperience.com.
These online and mobile tools make it easy to dream, plan and share—at home and on the go.
The free* My Disney Experience mobile app allows you to update vacation plans – at home or during your visit. Make sure you download it to a smartphone or tablet so you can stay connected to your plans while at the Resort.
When in the parks, the My Disney Experience mobile app helps you keep track of all your plans, including dining reservations. Plus, it gives you easy access to valuable information, such as show times, attraction wait times, Character greeting locations, and GPS-enabled maps that let you see what’s happening near you at that moment.
*Availability subject to device limitations and features may vary by device or service provider. Message, data, and roaming rates may apply. Coverage is not available everywhere.
Disney Genie Service
Coming this fall to Walt Disney World® Resort, Disney Genie is a complimentary and convenient new digital service designed to create your best Disney day. This cool new technology, which guides you through our theme parks with tips that can help you reduce time in lines, discover magic around every corner and take the guesswork out of “what’s next.”
Built right into the My Disney Experience, Disney Genie service will maximize your park time, so you can have more fun. It includes a personalized itinerary feature that will quickly and seamlessly map out an entire day. From specific attractions, foodie experiences and entertainment, to general interests like Disney princesses, villains, Pixar, Star Wars, thrill rides and more – just tell Disney Genie what you want to do and it will do the planning for you.
Here are a few more features:
- Get Itinerary Updates from Morning to Night: Disney Genie will continue to update your itinerary throughout your day, so you can be more spontaneous and go with the flow.
- Find Your Favorites at a Glance:Create your very own personal tip board to instantly see your favorites. It will display current AND forecasted future wait times, helping you predict when you might experience quicker entry to attractions.
- Enjoy More Flexibility and Fun: Disney Genie brings existing planning features together in one place. Join a virtual queue at certain attractions, make dining and experience reservations, mobile order food at many locations, get help from a virtual assistant and more.
For even more convenience and flexibility, there are two other options for enjoying our theme parks, through a queue we are introducing called the Lightning Lane entrance that also saves you time in line:
- Disney Genie+ service (available for purchase):For the price of $15 per ticket per day at Walt Disney World Resort, choose the next available time to arrive at a variety of attractions and experiences using the Lightning Lane entrance. You can make one selection at a time, throughout the day – from classics like Haunted Mansion to thrill rides like Big Thunder Mountain Railroad® and newer favorites like Millennium Falcon: Smugglers Run (attractions subject to limited availability). Disney Genie+ will also include Disney parks-themed audio experiences and photo features to capture your memories – augmented reality lenses for those visiting Walt Disney World
- Individual attraction selections (available for purchase):Schedule a time to arrive at up to two highly demanded attractions each day using the Lightning Lane entrance – like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train at Magic Kingdom® Park (subject to limited availability; attractions not included with Disney Genie+). Pricing for this option will vary by date, attraction and park and will be announced closer to launch.
Lightning Lane selections will be made on the same day of your visit and can be used across multiple theme parks, great for those who love the Park Hopper® option. Attractions continue to offer a traditional standby queue, or a virtual queue at certain attractions like Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance – to maximize flexibility.
Remember, you can choose from all of the new options, a mix of them or none at all, and have a great experience no matter how you decide to plan your best Disney day.
Imagine if your vacation magical moments were captured for you and available for digital download. The Memory Maker product does just that, preserving those special moments for you so you can relax and simply enjoy the fun of being with family and friends in the most magical place on Earth.
It starts with the team of Disney PhotoPass™ Photographers who’ll preserve magical memories for your family at hundreds of photo locations throughout Walt Disney World® Resort. All those great shots are magically captured: posing in front of Cinderella Castle, screaming down Splash Mountain® attraction, enjoying breakfast at Chef Mickey’s and so much more.
An unlimited array of the photos taken by Disney PhotoPass Photographers during your vacation, PLUS photos at select attractions and dining locations, will be captured. Forget about having to purchase each photo individually – with Memory Maker you get digital copies of them all to download! You can relive all your vacation memories and share them with family and friends.
With Memory Maker, there’s never been a better way for to capture and relive magical memories of your Walt Disney World vacation.
You can learn more at the My Disney Experience Magic Maker website or ask your travel agent.
- Disney magic has never been more seamless
- You can unlock the Magic with your MagicBand or Card
- MagicBands and cards are all-in-one devices that you can use to:
- Unlock the door of your Disney Resort hotel room
- Enter theme and water parks (with valid theme park admission)
- Connect Disney PhotoPass images to your account
My Disney Experience Tips
Once you have booked a Walt Disney World® vacation with The Magic For Less Travel, you should visit StartYourDisneyExperience.com right away. Once have linked your reservation you will be able to use the itinerary tool, My Disney Experience.
It’s important to remember to make all vacation payments directly through The Magic For Less Travel. All payments must be processed by through the agency.
Only the primary Guest (or first Guest name on the reservation) should link the reservation on StartYourDisneyExperience.com. It’s also important that guests use the same first and last name (spelled exactly the same) as the confirmation name in their profile.
For example, if the primary Guest on the confirmation is Rosario Miller, the Guest should use her full first name, Rosario, in her profile setup. She will have an opportunity to use her nickname or preferred name later, when personalizing MagicBands.
Only the primary Guest (or first Guest name on the reservation) should set up their children in the “Family & Friends” section of the My Disney Experience site.
Linking Theme Park Tickets
Before linking Theme Park Tickets, guests should set up their additional party members in the ‘Family and Friends’ section. Once this has been completed, guests should assign one Theme Park ticket to each of the party members in the drop down list.
If a guest has multiple tickets linked to their account, please contact the Help Desk or stop by Guest Services to learn what order the tickets will be used when entering the Theme Parks. It may not be in the order they were linked.
If you are not using personalized MagicBands, please write the names of each party member on the RF-enabled card. Knowing which card belongs to which person will help your travel party enter the Theme Parks more quickly.
While staying at a Walt Disney World® Resort hotel is encouraged to use your MagicBand’s touch-to-pay function, there are several circumstances in which a Guest may need to present identification or alternate form of payment:
- A credit card is required to secure dining reservations at table service restaurants.
- An alternate form of payment (cash or credit card) is required for the purchase of Disney Gift Cards.
- A photo ID is required for applicable discounts and parking privileges, along with your Annual Passholder, Disney Vacation Club Member, Disney Visa® Card, etc.
- Photo ID is required for the purchase of alcohol and tobacco products.
- When photo ID is required, International Guests need to show a copy of a passport and a government-issued photo ID that verifies the individual’s date of birth.
MagicBands are available for purchase at select merchandise locations.