Consistently rated by Disney Guests as their favorite port of call, Castaway Cay is Disney’s private island paradise reserved exclusively for Disney cruisers. This oasis invites you to enjoy balmy tropical weather and world-class recreation with renowned Disney hospitality. Plus, your signature Disney ship will dock right at the island to allow everyone to come and go as they please while enjoying such tropical leisure as snorkeling, boating, swimming and old-fashioned sunbathing.
Formerly known as Gorda Cay, the island is located amid the Abaco Islands in the northern Bahamas. Of the island’s 1,000 acres, only 55 have been developed for Guest use, leaving the remaining land unspoiled and untamed.
Covered outdoor restaurants dish up delectable burgers, BBQ chicken and ribs, grilled island style and included in the price of your cruise package. Alcoholic beverages are available for purchase by Guests 21 years of age or older.
Disney Imagineers designed Castaway Cay with one-of-a-kind areas and activities for every member of the family.
- Kids (ages 3-12) have their paradise planned by Disney counselors at Scuttle’s Cove with bountiful beach activities.
- Teens can kick back, listen to music and participate in activities at Hideout, their own secluded area close to the beach.
- Serenity Bay is a secluded beach exclusively for adults.
- Have fun together at the Castaway Family Beach.
- Relax in a premium 325-square-foot private, furnished cabana found in 2 locations: Castaway Family Beach (for families) and Serenity Bay Beach (for adults).
- And of course, there are port adventures for everyone to enjoy.
- Money and Purchases
U.S. currency is accepted at the post office and at Bahamian-operated stores. Please note that effective January 1, 2015 a 7.5% Bahamian Value Added Tax (VAT) will be added to the price of most goods and services purchased on Disney Castaway Cay, including Beach Cabanas and Spa services. Costs incurred on certain components of Port Adventures are also subject to this VAT.
Unique to the island, you can use your stateroom key at Disney-run stores. Island dining is included as part of your cruise package.
- How to Get Around
While all areas of the island can be reached by walking, an island tram offers four stops to help you more quickly and easily get where you want to go. Bike rentals can also be purchased for those who wish to explore the island’s nature trails.
English is the universal language spoken on Disney Castaway Cay.